Development of social sector has never been able to keep pace with the demands of exponential growth of population in Pakistan. Government spending on health and education has created a wide gap between the needs and availability of resources. Major segment of population belonging to lower strata of society is thus facing serious problems of health due to unhygienic living conditions, poor nutrition and lack of adequate medical care. To alleviate the sufferings of the poor, a group of retired army officers and a few enthusiastic young businessmen joined hands to establish a welfare trust in September 1998, named after the attributed name of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Following are the decided objectives of AlMustafa Trust
- Establish medical centers for effective primary healthcare of poor and needy people, initially in poor localities of Rawalpindi district and later in rural areas of Pakistan with suitable medical facilities keeping in view the resources of the Trust.
- Arrange free specialist medical consultancy services to patients through specialists of repute.
- Provide essential diagnostic and specialized facilities (Pathology Laboratory, X-Ray, ECG, Ultra Sound, Dental and Eye Clinics etc) free of cost to deserving cases and at reduced rates to those who can afford to pay at selected medical centers.
- Provide free medicines to the poor when possible.
- Encourage and receive donations, grants, gifts and contributions for smooth and efficient functioning of the Trust.
- Launch health awareness programs for prevention and control of diseases, especially in the poor localities.
- Over the period conduct literary pursuits and expand health related activities throughout Pakistan.
- To do and/or undertake promote and/or assist generally any activity, program, work, scheme or measures as are incidental, conductive and/or necessary to give effect, promote or advance any of the aims and objects of the trust.